2021 Concessions to offshore visa grant requirement

The Department will waive the requirement for certain family visa subclass applicants to be offshore for grant of their visas in early 2021. The Department have posted the following message on their website: It is intended that changes will be implemented in early 2021 that would allow certain family visas, which have been applied for outside Australia, to be granted while the visa applicant is in Australia. This temporary concession will be for people… Read More

My Australian Visa Might Be Cancelled: What Now?

Providing incorrect information on your visa application can result in visa cancellation proceedings. The current Migration Act of 1958 states that the Minister for Immigration has the power to cancel a visa if incorrect information has been provided to the Department of Home Affairs. The Act requires non-citizens to provide correct information on both visa applications and passenger cards.  It also requires non-citizens to not provide falsified documents, notify the Department of… Read More

Enhanced labour market testing to commence 1 October 2020

The Department of Home Affairs has announced changes to the labour market testing requirements of the Employment Nomination Scheme. With the devastating effect of Covid-19 on the Australian workforce, the Australian Government has introduced these measures to ensure that Australian workers are prioritised for work opportunities before overseas workers are offered employment. The Additional Requirement From 1 October 2020 employers will be required to advertise their position on the Australian Government’s Jobactive website for… Read More

Salary Requirements to nominate an overseas worker (subclass 482, 186, 187)

If you intend to sponsor foreign workers in your business you must meet salary requirements.  These requirements are designed to ensure that overseas workers are paid the market salary rate and that the employer sponsored visa program is not used to undercut the local labour market. What are the salary requirements to nomination an overseas worker? There are two salary requirements that an employer must: Firstly, you must demonstrate that you will pay an… Read More

2019-2020 Migration Program Outcomes

The Department of Home Affairs has published its detailed outcomes from the 2019-20 Migration Program. A total of 153,537 visas were granted from the 160,000 allocated for the 2019-2020 program year in the Federal Budget. 2019-2020 Permanent Migration Program Outcomes A total of 140,366 visas were granted for the permanent migration program, with 70% of visas being granted to applicants in the skilled visa stream. In summary: 95,843 places were granted through… Read More

State and Territory Nomination Allocation Numbers – SC190/491/188/132

The Australian Government have allocated a small number of nomination places to the States and Territories for Subclasses 190 and 491 nominations and the Business Innovation and Investment classes up until the Federal Budget on 6 October 2020. The specific number of places allocated to each State and Territory are below: State & Territory SC 190 SC 491 & 489 Business Innovation & Investment ACT 250 45 4 NSW 550 150 200… Read More