Travel exemption updates – November 2020
With the dramatic decrease in COVID 19 numbers in Australia, the Australian Government have added further classes of persons who do not require a travel exemption to enter Australia. These include:
- a person who has been in New Zealand for 14 days or more immediately prior to arrival by air in Australia
- a diplomat to Australia, including their immediate family members holding a subclass 995 visa
- a person transiting Australia for 72 hours or less
- airline crew, maritime crew including marine pilots
- a person recruited under the Government approved Seasonal Worker Program or Pacific Labour Scheme
- a person who holds a Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa.
For further information on the classes of persons who do not require a travel exemption to enter Australia, and how to apply for a travel exemption, click here.